Saturday, February 10, 2007

Greenwald Eviscerates Gordon of the Times

Glenn Greenwald is one of my favorite bloggers. I think of him as the hardest working guy in blogdom (apologies to the late James Brown) and this posting of his is a good example. He usually posts only once a day, with what he calls "updates" in the ensuing hours, and, being a lawyer, the posts take the form of briefs with multiple citings and references to devastating effect. He does these intensively researched posts while writing books at a now furious rate.

This posting has the bonus of excerpts from Dan Froomkin's list of basic journalistic rules, which are themselves excellent and will now inform anything I read in the press. Froomkin has an always excellent Monday-Friday blog called White House Watch at the Washington Post web site.

I don't understand how the NYT could be so shoddy and "nose-led" on such an important topic. I love the Times and read it every day, but this is inexcusable.

No comments: